Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fuzzy Mushroom Footstool

I bought this 70's Fuzzy Mushroom Footstool at a rummage sale at my local community college about 10 months ago. I had seen it in there a few days before the sale was supposed to start because I work at the college and I was allowed to browse around early in the week before the Rummage Sale. I saw this footstool and I knew I needed to have it. I woke up early that morning so I could get in line before everyone else. I was about 10th in line and as soon as that door open I made a beeline for that footstool. Needless to say I got it and I love it! Its Really cool and I use it a lot in my living room. I only paid $1 for it and I think it was a fantastic deal. It measures about 2' high and 1.5' wide. Its pretty unique too and Ive only seen one other one in orange before.



DSCN1749DSCN1750

9 comments:

  1. My Great Aunt had one of these in orange. I was pretty obsessed with it as a child. I spent hours perched on top of it pretending to be the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland. It's good to see these foot stools are still out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha really? Thats awesome! This is quite possibly one of the coolest footstools I have ever seen! Its nice and plush and it does indeed look like it belongs in Alice in Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandma had two of these as well. An orange one and a green one like yours... I loved sitting on these things when I was little... Cute find!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having this thing! It seems like I have stirred up some old fond memories here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom had the orange one. My daughter loved it. Any chance you'd like to sell yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am making new ones in vancouver washington, where are you?

      Delete
    2. Indiana, how much do you sell them for?

      Delete
  6. I may be open to sell it but It all depends lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have 1 it brown/tan swirl looks like stirred up ice cream i love it an plan on looking for more ...

      Delete